What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The irony of it all

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an ipad 2 case from SwitchEasy, the Canvas case. My patment went through and I thought everything was cool.

Here I am waiting for the item to be shipped to me and wondering after after over week how come it hasn't got to me yet. Then I checked my email and I saw that they said they have sent a refund because SwitchEasy is a USA company. I take that to mean they don't ship overseas. This is Canada we are talking about here.

The irony is, I was in Buffalo over the weekend and saw the case in Walmart. I thought of buying it but since I had already ordered the case from Switch Easy I didn't want to buy another of the same thing even though it was a different colour.

This sucks. Honestly, it is the bst case I have seen so far for the ipad 2.

Now if I had just bought the case when I saw it. I will has to check now if the refund has been credited to my account.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is very odd! I ordered a cover from them a couple of days ago. I got an email from them saying they shipped it. They even including the tracking number. This is an American company, but advertises that they deal Internationaly. When I made the online payment, I got an elert message from my bank that a payment went through to them and that the payment went to Hong Kong. If it's supposed to be an American company that deals internationaly, excepts payment to Hong Kong and doesn't deliver to Canada . . . There's something wrong there that's for sure. You mentioned Walmart in Buffalo has them in the store. Why don't you check their online store and see if they have them. I'm sure they ship to Canada.

OP
B

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is very odd! I ordered a cover from them a couple of days ago. I got an email from them saying they shipped it. They even including the tracking number. This is an American company, but advertises that they deal Internationaly. When I made the online payment, I got an elert message from my bank that a payment went through to them and that the payment went to Hong Kong. If it's supposed to be an American company that deals internationaly, excepts payment to Hong Kong and doesn't deliver to Canada . . . There's something wrong there that's for sure. You mentioned Walmart in Buffalo has them in the store. Why don't you check their online store and see if they have them. I'm sure they ship to Canada.

Checking Walmart if they would ship it is a good idea. Will email them and ask.

Yes, odd situation indeed.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered a clear cover buddy from them and they billed my card through paypal but never shipped the cover (US). I then asked them to cancel if they couldn't ship and they said they sent my request to their warehouse for "processing". A week later I have no cover and no credit on my account. I would not recommend this company to anyone! It's the worst service I have ever dealt with online.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the STM Skinny from Radtech USA, received it a few days ago in Canada.
Great cover, exactly what I was looking for.

OP
B

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently there is a SwitchEasy International web site which is different from the US web site.
I wish I had known this before I ordered.

That was the reason they gave why they refunded.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently there is a SwitchEasy International web site which is different from the US web site.
I wish I had known this before I ordered.

That was the reason they gave why they refunded.

That's kind of stupid on their part, if you ask me. Sounds like they need to work on their customer service! You would think, if they really wanted your business, they would have just transferred your order & payment to the "international website" - or at least told you about the international website when they refunded your money....

Most reactions

Latest posts