What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The influence of the iPad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because of the importance of tablets, Verizon has announced that they are completely gutting their existing data packages and going to new bundle plans that should be more popular. The primary effect is that you start with a package and then pay $10 to the package to include a tablet in the data plan. Hotspots are $20 more, I think. The word is also out that AT&T is also planning the same thing.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello fellow Oklahoman

Would be nice for AT&T to offer a better data plan. I'm with AT&T

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It just sounds more expensive to me. I may drop by smartphone when my contract runs out. I'm on wifi most of the time and mobile charges and data caps/meters are just no fun.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fellow Oklahoman

Would be nice for AT&T to offer a better data plan. I'm with AT&T

You'd probably end up paying more under a new plan than on an older one, unless you signed up recently. People on old rate plans still pay less than what new customers do, and there's no AT&T incentive to charge older customers even less than it already does.

Most reactions