What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big decision.

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I want an ipad, but buying it means spending almost all my savings. Is it worth it when I have a laptop (though I don't use it except for internet) and a smartphone? Is it worth the £399
Cheers

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only you can say if it's worth it or not. I really like the portability of it, way easier to tote around than a laptop. If it will fit your needs and desires, then go for it. :)

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing that stops me is that I would still need the laptop to sync the ipad. Dam :-(

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
I know I want an ipad, but buying it means spending almost all my savings.

Do you consider "...almost all my savings." discretionary income? If so, go ahead. If not, use your laptop and smart phone and continue to save your money until you have enough discretionary income to purchase without feeling guilty. Just my $.02.:D

Steve in So Cal

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My income is £10 a week. (Uni earnings)

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want a lot of things, but not enough to spend all my savings on a single item. If it's something I really NEED, that's different. Very few people NEED an iPad. Ultimately it is your decision.

Reaction score
If I already had a laptop and smartphone I wouldn't have an iPad. I got my iPad as a book reader that became more with usage. I initially thought the iPad could out perform my Incredible phone but it does not. The only advantage, for me, of it over the phone is a bigger screen.
Nothing against the iPad but unless you have a nice monetary windfall coming I'd save the money towards an ipad3 or similar tablet.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Probably not after the announcements by Steve Jobs on Monday.

I certainly hope you are right. Since Jobs will evidently be there personally, there is probably something very big going on with the expected iCloud, iOS5, and Lion announcements. I expect that we will not be disappointed. Stock up! ;-)

dobby, it's worth a lot more than the £399 IMHO.

Last edited:

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dobbey said:
I know I want an ipad, but buying it means spending almost all my savings. Is it worth it when I have a laptop (though I don't use it except for internet) and a smartphone? Is it worth the £399
Cheers

Yes, worth every dime. My laptop is now unused and I only use my heavy duty desktop for work. Everything else the iPad covers.

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Probably not after the announcements by Steve Jobs on Monday.

What's happening? Is Jobs doing a keynote speech

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would a us spec wifi ONLY work in the uk, because it works out way cheaper compared to the UK.(£100 saving) I have read the thread conserning the 3g, and I can't see any problems. Is that correct?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Once you factor in local taxes in the US, import duty, vat and delivery costs, that £100 saving soon disappears.

Most reactions

Latest posts