What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tether to iPad trouble Android

Nailerdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been trying for some time to get a reliable tether working for an iPad. Have tried with both of my Droids. 1. Droid X rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App. 2. D1 rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App and also Barnacle. Have tried several iPads as well.

The only success at all has bee with Wireless Tether. It appears that Barnacle is not working on 2.2?

Have tried secured and unsecured connections with a variety of settings and none seem to work consistantly or with any reliability. I suspect it's something to do with it being an ADHOC connection?

iPad will see the Droid, attempt to connect and then drop. Then when you least expect it to it will connect and work great for a full session.

Tried lots of reset and power downs to try and get it to work as well.

Anybody know the magic combination of settings that will work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

DaWeav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that the Market version was a bit flaky for me, but after I downloaded and installed the Google Groups version, it seems to work for me. I think the market is only version 2.02 while Google Groups is version 2.05.

Anyway, I just got back from a trip where I used my iPad tethered to my Sprint HTC Hero for mostly email, twitter, facebook, and some Flipboard, and the combination worked fine ever since I started using version 2.05 vice 2.02. In fact, I could never get encryption to work in 2.02, so that's why I tried and am now using version 2.05.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been trying for some time to get a reliable tether working for an iPad. Have tried with both of my Droids. 1. Droid X rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App. 2. D1 rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App and also Barnacle. Have tried several iPads as well.

The only success at all has bee with Wireless Tether. It appears that Barnacle is not working on 2.2?

Have tried secured and unsecured connections with a variety of settings and none seem to work consistantly or with any reliability. I suspect it's something to do with it being an ADHOC connection?

iPad will see the Droid, attempt to connect and then drop. Then when you least expect it to it will connect and work great for a full session.

Tried lots of reset and power downs to try and get it to work as well.

Anybody know the magic combination of settings that will work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The combo that works for me is using channel 1 under change channels. And then I make the ssid different, like MikesDroid. I don't use any encryption, but I do use access control. Works for me every time. I have the one from the market btw. Using stock frg22d rooted droid 1 to tether too. Saves me from paying tether fees or from buying a mifi lol

OP
N

Nailerdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded the new version and I'm still experiencing the same intermitent ability to connect. Access control or encription don't seem to matter. The same for reboots. This is really goofey.

Any other ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts