What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technicolor TG582n and iPad Air 2

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought that I would post this as it may be of interest to others as I have managed to get the Technicolor TG582n to connect to my iPad via wifi.

With an ISP upgrade a year or two back came a Technicolor TG582n -a very poorly rated router; still it provides the broadband connection. I tried to hook up with the iPad but the router would not accept it. Looking on the net I found very negative comments, so gave up and used the older Netgear router (DGND3700) as a wifi source.

A couple of nights ago I thought that I would experiment a bit further. On the Techicolor router web access is the menu item Home Network with 'Pick a Task' and 'Search for wireless devices' at the bottom of the page. Clicking on 'Search for wireless devices' causes the router to search (surprisingly enough!) and then make the connection to the iPad

Changing between the Netgear and Technicolor wifis points is a problem, but I think that that may be caused by my local firewall, etc. settings.

Most reactions