What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teaching Programming on an iPad

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a computer teacher at an international K-12 school in Korea. Next year I want to offer an AP Computer Science class for my high school students, which will earn them college credit and will prepare them for a degree in Computer Science. I already know that AP Computer Science includes curriculum for teaching Java. I would also like to add a component to teach programming for iPhone/iPad apps, but adding this component must not interfere with the AP requirements.

Here are my questions. Are any of you teaching AP Computer Science? Are you using iPads in some capacity? Are any of you using iPads to teach any computer curriculum to K-12 students?

I would love to hear what you are doing, how you are doing it, and any "lessons learned" while doing it.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

RobertR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to look into something like a web app framework with javascript to teach the class. That way you would not need to get a Mac, developers license, Xcode and the like for each student.

Something like

We actually use both to develop iTunes App Store apps that are packaged

Moderation Notice:​*This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the*Forum Rules ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts