What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking snapshots from pdf files on iPad

drsachin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was working on a powerpoint presentation and wanted to paste an image from a pdf file. There is no such provision in Acrobat Reader, as is seen in the desktop version. Also, I had seen that those presentations which I had made in my windows pc using the snapshot feature of Acrobat reader got pixelated when zoomed on the slide. While preparing slides on my new iPad3 with Retina Display, I was feeling a bit frustrated as the resolution was getting worse than the pc for those old presentations. However, today I tried to use the "Screenshot" from my iPad. I zoomed the picture I wanted to use and pushed the home and sleep button together.... I got a "Retina Resolution Image" from my pdf document. I can now use it from my photo album without any compromise on resolution!!

OP
D

drsachin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drsachin said:
I was working on a powerpoint presentation and wanted to paste an image from a pdf file. There is no such provision in Acrobat Reader, as is seen in the desktop version. Also, I had seen that those presentations which I had made in my windows pc using the snapshot feature of Acrobat reader got pixelated when zoomed on the slide. While preparing slides on my new iPad3 with Retina Display, I was feeling a bit frustrated as the resolution was getting worse than the pc for those old presentations. However, today I tried to use the "Screenshot" from my iPad. I zoomed the picture I wanted to use and pushed the home and sleep button together.... I got a "Retina Resolution Image" from my pdf document. I can now use it from my photo album without any compromise on resolution!!
While doing this, sometimes some part of text also comes in the picture. To remove that you can edit the picture in the album by using the "Crop" function.

Most reactions

Latest posts