What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Pictures With An iPad Just Saved This Man’s Life [Video]

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ipadsoftballhit.jpg

Taking pictures with an iPad is a no-no. I don’t care if you’re Spike Lee, just don’t do it. Ever.

The only time it is acceptable to take pictures in a public place with your iPad, is if it’s going to save your life by preventing a softball from ramming through your skull.

That’s exactly what happened to this older gentleman at a University of Northern Iowa softball game.

He was trying to capture the fierce action of the game, when an errant foul ball came screaming at his face. The backstop netting couldn’t stop the ball in time, so his iPad stepped up and intercepted the ball to save the man’s life.

Check out this:

Obviously the guy didn’t learn his lesson because he kept snapping pics like he was on assignment for Sports Illustrated, but maybe he’ll at least add a bulletproof case for his next excursion.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

bifftaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, It looks like the iPad was still working after taking that shot! iPad 1 - Ball 0

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's a great picture! But don't tell folks not to take photos--and especially movies--with their iPads. The newer ones do a decent job, and the movies are true HD. Some of my iPad vacation pix are in a nearby photo thread, and they came out well enough that my camera did not come out of its bag for the whole three-week road trip. Movie mode is by far the best way to capture waterfalls, with sound.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions