What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tagging people on Facebook on new update?

Nostrebluc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. So you know how you slide your finger down from the top of the screen and the notification center slides down, and you then have the options to either tweet something, or post a status on Facebook. Well I was just wondering if there is a way to tag people by ONLY using that option to post something.

Like when you tap 'Tap a Post' a text box comes up from the bottom for your Facebook status, but what seems to be a problem is that you can't tag people with that text box. There's only the option to change the audience in which what type of people can see your post, and your location, but no option to tag people. Or maybe there is another way to tag people? I already tried the '@' symbol, but that did nothing (at least a drop window didn't drop down). Are there other ways to tag people through your keyboard?

I am also having troubles tagging people through photos too, I don't want to go to the Facebook app and tag people through there, it would be nice to just tag people through the 'quick' way Apple provided. Maybe I'm missing something or Apple forgot that option :/

Thanks!

JoshOhara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think these features are available yet. It maybe something apple add to the iOS in there next software update?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can only tag people in photos while uploading the photo. Afterward you have to use safari to tag them

OP
Nostrebluc

Nostrebluc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh okay. Yeah hopefully they add that feature, that's like a key feature to me. Otherwise I love iOS 6 ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts