What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tab Key in Pages?

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found threads about the lack of a tab key on the iPad virtual keyboard, but I am concerned about Pages.

I found a site on the web where someone found a menu on the toolbar at the top of Pages on the iPad 2 that had a tab function. But it doesn't seem to be there on my iPad 1.

Can anyone enlighten me?

wallmaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heaviside said:
I've found threads about the lack of a tab key on the iPad virtual keyboard, but I am concerned about Pages.

I found a site on the web where someone found a menu on the toolbar at the top of Pages on the iPad 2 that had a tab function. But it doesn't seem to be there on my iPad 1.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I use an Apple wireless keyboard. Much faster and has all the buttons I'm used to.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - as the previous poster suggested, your best bet might be to use a Bluetooth keyboard, where the tab key is available and provides the expected function.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Pages, tap the Wrench Icon > Help > Select, edit, style, and align text > Align Text: There is a fairly good description of how to set up and insert tabs in Pages. It also tells you how to pop the Ruler bar up and down, which is where you set the tabs.

If you need more help, let me know.

The others are right though. It is easier to use a bluetooth keyboard. But you can do it without, and it's not really hard, just tedious since it takes more steps to insert each tab.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update: if you press the screen at the cursor a menu will pop up that gives you the option of inserting various things, one of which is the tab (to your previously set) next tab point.

Danny Oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this. Set tab WHERE YOU WANT IT TO BE, touch tab mark to insert, select INSERT, then touch TAB (inside box)AND YOU'RE DONE.

Most reactions

Latest posts