What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing with Google calendar - not seeing past entries

SuzanneK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad 1 set up to sync with my Google calendar and I just realized all my past entries beyond about 5 weeks ago are not showing up. I've tried restarting the iPad. I've unselected and reselected my google account in the calendar app. I've set it up to sync "all events." It's still not showing up.
Am I missing something?

dough54321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my calendar to sync with google. It used to work just fine. Now nothing syncs!

maisaraabubakar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone teach me how to sent a message through imessage to iphone? Does iphone need to setup anything? I have a friend who had an iphone, and i tried to sent him a message through mail and through his phone but cant get through..help me please...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone teach me how to sent a message through imessage to iphone? Does iphone need to setup anything? I have a friend who had an iphone, and i tried to sent him a message through mail and through his phone but cant get through..help me please...

Your friend must have iMessage turned on in the Message app's settings. That should be enough for him to receive messages using his phone number. To receive messages from an email address he must add that email address to the Receive At list; also in the Message app's settings.

To receive a message on the iPad you must do the same thing, minus the phone number, of course.

You really should start a new thread in the appropriate area, instead of asking your question in an unrelated thread. If you go and post an introduction in the New Member Introduction area a moderator will be along shortly, and supply you with some useful links. Or you can just read the other introductions and get them there, if you would rather not introduce your self yet.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

maisaraabubakar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Your friend must have iMessage turned on in the Message app's settings. That should be enough for him to receive messages using his phone number. To receive messages from an email address he must add that email address to the Receive At list; also in the Message app's settings.

To receive a message on the iPad you must do the same thing, minus the phone number, of course.

You really should start a new thread in the appropriate area, instead of asking your question in an unrelated thread. If you go and post an introduction in the New Member Introduction area a moderator will be along shortly, and supply you with some useful links. Or you can just read the other introductions and get them there, if you would rather not introduce your self yet.

Welcome to the forum.

Im new in this forum.i don't get used to this forum yet. Sory. Thanks for ur help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

maisaraabubakar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Welcome to the forum.

Does my friend need to setup anything in his iphone in order for him to start recieving message from my imessage? As i tap on setting app, then tap on message, i can't find any setting application for imessage in his iphone. He is using iphone 4. Please help me. Thanks.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maisaraabubakar said:
Does my friend need to setup anything in his iphone in order for him to start recieving message from my imessage? As i tap on setting app, then tap on message, i can't find any setting application for imessage in his iphone. He is using iphone 4. Please help me. Thanks.

iMessage should be at the top of the screen when in Messages, if it isn't then I doubt your friend has upgraded to IOS5. Have a look in Settings - General - About and look for version. If it doesn't say 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 then he will have to upgrade to have iMessage.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

SuzanneK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Default I think. I added my gmail account through the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab. It used to work and still does on my iPod touch. Not sure why it just started doing this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Default I think. I added my gmail account through the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab. It used to work and still does on my iPod touch. Not sure why it just started doing this.

It does sound strange. I looked all though Google's calendar settings, incase it was happening on that end, but could find nothing.

You might try setting up using the Exchange setup I linked before. It's what most of us use. The benefits are Push notifications, contact syncing, and multiple calendars.

You lose the Note sync, but you can keep the old account setup and turn off everything except Notes there. I do this and it works fine.

amgiord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad 1 set up to sync with my Google calendar and I just realized all my past entries beyond about 5 weeks ago are not showing up. I've tried restarting the iPad. I've unselected and reselected my google account in the calendar app. I've set it up to sync "all events." It's still not showing up.
Am I missing something?

Found the solution.....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts