What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing my I pad

MikeGiannamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to sync my iPad 2. I get the following message ....This I Pad cannot be used because the Apple Moble Device service is not started. I have synced previously without any problems. Thanks Mike

OP
MikeGiannamore

MikeGiannamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Bonjour and it is running. I tunes does not show my I pad as it usually does in the left column. This happened after I changed the setting from syn over Wifi to syn while the able I inserted into the USB port on the computer. I don't have an option to switch back.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ctrl/Alt/Delete. Start Task Manager. Services tab. Right click on Apple Mobile Device and Start Service.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
MikeGiannamore

MikeGiannamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I got in running again and the original message comes up so I followed those instructions going to services. The computer starts syncing waiting for my iPad to syn but it doesn't and the original message comes up occasionally.

OP
MikeGiannamore

MikeGiannamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the computer starts syncing step 1of 6 comes up and waiting for I pad ....that's all that happens.

OP
MikeGiannamore

MikeGiannamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now get a message that the I pad failed to syn because the iPad failed to start. Just trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts