What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing from iTunes

Alfsbrother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive a silly question from a novice but when I sync my Ipad 2 to iTunes to download photos it clears out the previously downloaded pics and replaces them with the newly introduced pics. What am I doing wrong?

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having that exact problem so it is not a silly question. I too am a novice with the iPad.
I asked the same question before and was told "iPad photos from iTune must go under a parent album. Under the album you can add others, but all must be nested under a parent album"
I am sure that is a true statement, but what does that all mean??. After trying to figure that out for 2 hours I was still lost, more confused and gave up.
I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I am having the exact problem and hope someone can give a step by step solution to the problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You likely are importing images from different folders on your computer's hard drive - if previous imported folders are not checked when you sync newer pics, then the older ones will be deleted from your iPad - please see the attachment (a screen capture of my iTunes showing the iPad photo sync options) - the checked folders from my 'Pictures' folder (PC VISTA laptop) are the ones which will be sync - the other ones will not be sync (or if unchecked will be removed from the iPad if present previously) - notice that a checked folder is called 'iPad Photos' - this contains sub-folders; images can be added into this folder (or into its sub-folders) and will then be imported onto the iPad. Hope this helps - some more information HERE!

Good luck and please post back if you are still having problems.

PhotoSync2.JPG

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman. Thank you so much! Your explanantion and directions where right on. Very easy to follow and percise.
I followed those directions and my problem is solved.
Hope Alfsbrother has the same outcome.
Thanks again
Wayne

Most reactions

Latest posts