What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync with Outlook?

driller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had success syncing their iPad with Outlook 2007?

I have tried iTunes/Info and thought I could at least sync contacts, calendar and notes - but it does nothing. :(

I have resorted to using mobile.me for the contacts and calendar functions, but it would be uber-cool to sync my notes and tasks from outlook as well.

Is there another app that could be used? I've searched and only found separate PIM apps.

Is there a workaround I could apply?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Pocket Informant. And it is the best it syncs via google then back to apple cal and tasks. I believe you can sync windows outlook with gmail. So it will work. Go to their website for more info.

Regards col

OP
D

driller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prolly aint gonna happen unless someone develops it, but why would anyone want to?

Isn't it supposed to already be developed? :confused:

Why have the options to select in iTunes if it doesn't work? :mad:

Why would anyone want to? All I want is a simple sync to what contacts, calendar info, notes and tasks I already have. :eek:

We all know MS Outlook sucks, but that's not the point. Over half the corporate structure in the US is stuck with MS Office, like it or not. I don't have the time nor the ambition to learn a new way to do the same thing I already do.

After all, my Blackberry does it. :p

OUiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sync with Outlook

I have Outlook at the office and have it synced with my iPhone and iPad. I didn't have to do anything other than put in the Outlook Web Access (OWA) address, Corporate domain, username and password. I get email, calendar and contacts.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like OUiPad, I have Outlook at work and have had no problems syncing via Exchange and the OWA information.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I don't know what your are doing wrong but iPad and iPhone both sync perfect. I used to sync with Microsoft Exchange on my last job with no problem withnmy iPhone. As a matter of fact it sets up a whole lot easier than Blackberry.....

All you do is when the iPad is plugged in, just hit the "info" tab and click the things you want synced..... Pretty simple....

OP
D

driller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you do is when the iPad is plugged in, just hit the "info" tab and click the things you want synced..... Pretty simple....

I've done just that to no avail. I did finally use MobileMe to sync contacts and calendar, but as was said before, nothing from notes will sync.

Reading the past few replies implies it works only with MS Exchange and not the desktop MS Office version of Outlook?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

I've done just that to no avail. I did finally use MobileMe to sync contacts and calendar, but as was said before, nothing from notes will sync.

Reading the past few replies implies it works only with MS Exchange and not the desktop MS Office version of Outlook?

No, at this time I am not on exchange..... Syncing to my calendar and contacts and email accounts in my PC..... With both iPhone and iPad.

OP
D

driller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's not a lot to do wrong. I simply selected the proper boxes and hit 'apply'.

Nothing. :(

Mind you, now with MobileMe applied, the contacts and calendar options are grayed out but the notes selection is still selected.

Again, nothing. :(

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Well you can only have one 'Exchange type' account on your iPad, same as iPhone. Have you tried the OWA option that others are referring to? It works great on the iPhone.

OP
D

driller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to delete your MM account and try adding the OWA account.

Well, that went straight over my head. LOL

I know I don't use Exchange, and I have no idea what OWA and MM is. I just have a desktop installation of MS Office with Outlook 2007.

dougcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, if no exchange server, what is the way to get sync between outlook on desktop and ipad? Most of the above is too telegraphic to be able to reproduce. Thanks for reading this..

Most reactions

Latest posts