What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync with mail.....

smoofbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, sorry if this has been posted but cant seem to find where.......

i want my ipad to sync with my mail on my mac. Its currently only sync and imports the folder that i have created online for traveling.
currently i can not view any folders that are on my Mac mail

Is there a way to sync mail and all folders with ipad??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What type of account are you using. If it is an IMAP or Exchange account, simply move all the folders you want to keep synced from the local Mac to the account server.

With Mail on the Mac, this is easy to tell. If a folder is under the list header that says ON MY MAC, that is where it will stay. This is local storage on the computer. To move this folder onto the sever simply drag it to the section for that account.

For Trash, Sent, Junk, or Drafts folders go to Preferences, Choose the account, and change each of them to Store on Server under the MailBox Behaviors.

Note, on the iPad these may or may not be the same folders, ie, you may see more than one folder with a similar name under your iPad's account. If you go to your account settings and dig down to the Advanced settings you may (or may not) be able to change which folder the iPad uses by default.

OP
S

smoofbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet, it made alot of sense and don't know why i never saw it.
thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts