What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetPoison's iPad 3 thread!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
emoticon-animal-066.gif

I wanted to know what folks thought about what size I should get. I am definitely getting the wifi + 3G, but I don't need to get the 64GB, like I did with the one I have now.

I only have 20 or so apps, no music and no movies ~ but LOTS of pictures on my iPad. Should I just get the 16GB, or would that fill up too fast? I'm thinkin the 32GB. I just don't know.

Last but not least ~ Do you think the prices will be similar to what they were in the past, for each model?

Thanks, Guys!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd go with the 32gb model with 3G, I've got lots of apps on mine and have not really run out of space, (only when I put on some movies for on the plane) but for the first time ever I ran out of space on my iPhone 4s 16GB, I was shocked! So go with the 32gb or the 64gb if you can afford it! The thing is the more GB you have the more you can put on the iPad without worrying! Happy shopping!

eltos_lightfoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am secretly hoping they double the GB, so 16 = 32, 32 = 64, and 64 = 128. Then I could save a hundred bucks and keep my current setup. Now that would be sweet!

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am secretly hoping they double the GB, so 16 = 32, 32 = 64, and 64 = 128. Then I could save a hundred bucks and keep my current setup. Now that would be sweet!

TBH, if you think the iPad3 will come with twice the memory, an A6 processor and a retina display yet be the same price then I think you're living in a dream world.

I personally believe that Apple are waiting for the retina displays to increase in availability and come down in price before launching but may well have to either increase the prices or else sell the 3 alongside the 2 but at a higher price point as a 'premium' version.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd go with the 32gb model with 3G, I've got lots of apps on mine and have not really run out of space, (only when I put on some movies for on the plane) but for the first time ever I ran out of space on my iPhone 4s 16GB, I was shocked! So go with the 32gb or the 64gb if you can afford it! The thing is the more GB you have the more you can put on the iPad without worrying! Happy shopping!

I don't want to go with the 64GB. I have that now and have pretty much nothing on it. I don't want to pay almost a grand again for that reason. :) But I agree, the 32 sounds like a plan!

Thanks!

I wouldn't hold your breath!

TBH, if you think the iPad3 will come with twice the memory, an A6 processor and a retina display yet be the same price then I think you're living in a dream world.

I personally believe that Apple are waiting for the retina displays to increase in availability and come down in price before launching but may well have to either increase the prices or else sell the 3 alongside the 2 but at a higher price point as a 'premium' version.

Interesting!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd get the 32 GB model. You said you don't need the 64 but I think 16 would be too small should you ever want to load movies and music on there in the future. As far as price, I imagine they will come in at the same price they have in the past. Apple has done this with the iPad 2 and their iPhones (not sure about their iTouch) so I would be surprised to see them be more expensive. From the report that came from the guy at iLounge it doesn't sound like there is going to be anything earth shattering with the new iPad (if it was truly an iPad 3 he got his hands on). You may just want to save a little money and pick up an iPad 2 at a discount when the iPad 3 comes out (if there is nothing new).

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Price points will be close unless there's a big hardware upgrade (display).
If it's within your budget, a step up to 64GB with 3G would be my choice. Th Gigs you shun today may be the gigs you yearn for tomorrow.
Imagine. A crusty old soul getting all melancholy over data storage. I've been around machines too long.

AA

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Price points will be close unless there's a big hardware upgrade (display).
If it's within your budget, a step up to 64GB with 3G would be my choice. Th Gigs you shun today may be the gigs you yearn for tomorrow.
Imagine. A crusty old soul getting all melancholy over data storage. I've been around machines too long.

AA

I don't need the 64GB. I have it now, with 20 apps and 100 pictures! Wasted space. I do def want wifi and 3G.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I don't need the 64GB. I have it now, with 20 apps and 100 pictures! Wasted space. I do def want wifi and 3G.

You would probably get a new one before you used all the space. Some of you guys collect iPads like you collect stamps!!! ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts