What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprisingly happy with outcome at bestbuy

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As per my previous post, I planned to return my recently purchased ipad 3 to best buy (w/I 30 day return policy).

When I arrived, I began explaining why I wanted to return it. Ultimately, bestbuy offered to match the iPad 3 lte refurb price on the apple website right now

So I was retroactively refunded the difference ($629.99 ---> $509.00) and I get to avoid the hassle of reactivating the vie stuff, etc. no waiting a month for the 4g model etc.

Does anyone feel that I should have still returned and waited for the iPad 4?

(Not starting flame war. Just curious)
Thanks all.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would have returned it, but that's just me. Seems like a CPU with twice the speed, better screen, faster wifi would be good enough reasons for me. I am selling my iPad 2 to get the 4, which it seems they aren't calling iPad 4, but once again the iPad? I looked at the apple store, and it looks like there will no longer be the 3rd generation? Not sure if this is right.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with kctay. If you can do without an iPad for a month I'd wait for the faster processor. Also agree that the 3ed generation has been replaced by the 4th and the iPad 2 is staying around as the non-retina version.

Last edited:

dvboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have returned it, but that's just me. Seems like a CPU with twice the speed, better screen, faster wifi would be good enough reasons for me. I am selling my iPad 2 to get the 4, which it seems they aren't calling iPad 4, but once again the iPad? I looked at the apple store, and it looks like there will no longer be the 3rd generation? Not sure if this is right.
Better screen?Not saying you are wrong,but I was under the assumption the screen was exactly the same on both devices?I actually hope you are right,as I just sold my iPad 3 and am waiting for the 4 to be released.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does not have a better screen but does have a better Graphics Processor.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too would get the new one. It only makes sense if you are a new buyer to get the latest and greatest if you don't mind spending the money.

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my Ipad 3 today, so it has to ship out tomorrow....I will hate not having a tab for awhile, but to get the new Ipad 4, I guess I will just have to deal with it

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading your thread, I headed to my local BB with my first ever, new iPad. I had the "what to do" ideas in my mind if they asked me for the same deal with my iPad3 still under the 30 day return deal. I had decided I was going to go for a new iPad 4, but I maybe could change my mind. They were happy to return my money, but I had to convince them there was even a new iPad 4 coming out. This was three days after Apple announced the fact. I wandered over to EReaders etc. area afterward where a salesman was selling a iPad 3 @ the same price (still!) I talked to sales person while lingering over the new Kindle HD tablet, telling her why I was there and waiting for the new iPad 4. She tried to convice me I was confused (just like the other sales person) I must be talking about the iPad mini. I tried to convice all three sales person there was a new iPad 4 coming out AND the iPad mini. There looked at me stunned. Hmm, so much for Apple informing them. Or for them even keeping in the loop. I went over to talk to someone in the Geek Squad to make sure everything was taken off my returned iPad (he did it in front of me) and he kinda ' knew the new iPad was coming out (or at least tried to not look out of the loop, the others were too stunned to.) Still, BB was good about returning the iPad, and I will be going back to get the new iPad 4 there for sure.

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Best Buy is failing as an informative customer service store in recent years........a lot of employees are clueless.
Thats' why people go to these stores is to get correct information and make an informed decision before purchasing at their store.

I would recommend to you if you have a Apple store close by to go there instead......the majority of their employees know what they are talking about.
I was as a BB store yesterday and they did know about the new iPad 4......but they were still selling the iPad 3 to unknowing customers at the same price! :thumbsdown:

They had a ton of iPad 3 models in stock....they will have to drastically discount them to sell when they finally get the iPad 4 in stock.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Best Buy is failing as an informative customer service store in recent years........a lot of employees are clueless.
Thats' why people go to these stores is to get correct information and make an informed decision before purchasing at their store.

I would recommend to you if you have a Apple store close by to go there instead......the majority of their employees know what they are talking about.
I was as a BB store yesterday and they did know about the new iPad 4......but they were still selling the iPad 3 to unknowing customers at the same price! :thumbsdown:

They had a ton of iPad 3 models in stock....they will have to drastically discount them to sell when they finally get the iPad 4 in stock.

As a former employee I gotta say, you have no idea just how dead on you are about BB sales and teaching tactics. I quit in June after 3 years of watching the company completely take advantage of unknowing customers. I can tell you they do know about the ipad 4. The stores were given a knowledge base and sales people were told to "get rid of the current stock before the new one comes in". My roommate still works there and came home dumbfounded about what the corporate level wants them to do.

Basically their playing dumb to sell stock, this has been a common practice for years. I youve got an apple or microcenter or some other store I suggest you use it. Dont even get me started on the BB service plans. I was a geek squad agent and had to watch all the b.s. the service center would pull to not warranty someones item.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a former employee I gotta say, you have no idea just how dead on you are about BB sales and teaching tactics. I quit in June after 3 years of watching the company completely take advantage of unknowing customers. I can tell you they do know about the ipad 4. The stores were given a knowledge base and sales people were told to "get rid of the current stock before the new one comes in". My roommate still works there and came home dumbfounded about what the corporate level wants them to do.

Basically their playing dumb to sell stock, this has been a common practice for years. I youve got an apple or microcenter or some other store I suggest you use it. Dont even get me started on the BB service plans. I was a geek squad agent and had to watch all the b.s. the service center would pull to not warranty someones item.

Thanks for information direct from an insider.....
It's no wonder they have been hurting big time in recent years......what a shame.
Back when, they were an informed company you could trust.

To bad if they fail though......the Walmarts of the world (talk about clueless) will continue to kill everything in their path.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went through the same thing when the 3s came out. I was in a BB and got to talking to some employees. They told me I was mistaken and tried to sell me a 2. That particular location is closed now.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went through the same thing when the 3s came out. I was in a BB and got to talking to some employees. They told me I was mistaken and tried to sell me a 2. That particular location is closed now.

They tried to do that to me but at Walmart.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BB's 30 day return, no questions asked, was what hooked me in. That and the nearest Apple store was over 100 miles away. Coming in cold on the ios was a steep learning curve for me, and that 90 days Apple call in help kept me from returning my ipad in the first week. BB just sent me home with no idea what to do. Of course I didn't asked,- thought I knew how to run laptops and PCs since they were very unfriendly user types. Simple as the ios is, it's a bear if you have no idea, and that password is right up there with every joke I ever heard about it. I shutter at the old couple they were selling the iPad 3 to when I was there, that didn't even know they had to have a Internet connection in thier home to fully use the iPad!

Still, maybe a hundred miles will get me way ahead of things I prob don't even know after "playing" with the ipad for a month. Thanks to all about the inside story of BB. Heck, I still have ipad withdrawel.

Most reactions