What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Substrata wooden cases for iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Want to give your iPad that classic look? Substrata has unveiled its new upcoming wooden accessories for the Apple iPad. The Sliding Lid case offers full access to the screen and all buttons and ports, microsuede lining, magnetic latches, and compatibility with a range of matching wooden stands. The Hinged Lid iPad Box is flip-style case offering a vertically-opening lid that can double as a stand, microsuede lining, a magnetic lid closure, and sliding catch. Both of Substrata’s new wooden cases for the Apple iPad are expected to be available in June; pricing has yet to be announced. Let us know your thoughts on these pics:

stacks_image_163_1.png

stacks_image_168_1.png

page82-1022-full.jpg

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a woodworker and the woods they are quoting will be fairly heavy, and I see issues with button access. Its certainly one of the nicer looking cases, but I dont think it would be for me.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The hardwoods are heavy but necessary to prevent warping and all the dings a heavy use brings. The Zebrano is definitely not a good choice. Although it's pretty, it warps like crazy.
I did a few boxes for Sony readers a few years back and Zebrano definitely warps enough to make the box unusable.
African mahogany is extremely light but quite soft.
You can see a few pictures on this thread.

I'm planning a more functional box than this one for my personnal use. It will be veneered birch plywood with applewood!:p

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love that box , but i will wait the Ivan one as i like more the one he made for the Sony reader ... maybe i will ask him to don't varnish for keep the natural wood feeling ....

by the way soon i will disclose our cheap and beautiful iPad bamboo support

Most reactions

Latest posts