What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus or something?

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember I saw, a few years ago, someone taking notes with a tablet computer (might have been the first generation iPad), and also using a stylus. What tools are best to be used for that matter (i.e. if you want your iPad to replace pen and paper, and in addition to taking written notes by means of its virtual keyboard, you also need some sort of a stylus to draw diagrams and other things that can't be done with a keyboard)? I thought the gadget's Notes app would also include drawing, but apparently that's not the case (did some search of "sketch" in the app store, but I'm still trying to figure out which one is the best). As for the stylus... did early versions of iPad include it? So far I only tried to use the stylus from my faithful Nokia phone, but nothing happened (probably too thin?).

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Bamboo was my first choice when I saw it in the store too, and right now I'm looking into iNotes also.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recommend one with a microfiber tip. The move over the surface of the screen much better than those with rubber tips.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are many threads in the accessories area and reviews of various stylus that are really helpful here. Depending on what you like to 'feel' when you 'write' on you iPad, it's really a personal preference thing. I do agree with the microfiber tip (love the iFaraday collection) and for lots of handwriting/note taking I love the Adonit Jot Pro. Here is a link to a recent thread on styuls and good luck on your search for yours ...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/6769-ipad-stylus-used-writing.html

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Almost always use a stylus with my iPad. I personally like Targus because the stylus is a bit bigger than most others. I'm looking into buying a bamboo one next. Any recommendations?

Most reactions

Latest posts