What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

studying with ipad, highlighting and notes

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
I searched the internet and the forums for an answer for this question, I hope someone in here can help me.
I'm considering buying an ipad, but need to know a few things just to get the last push:)
I want to use it at university since a lot of our texts is in pdf, and I want to read them on the ipad, but is it possible with any app maybe, to highlight and take notes (maybe with a stylos) in the pdf document and save it? And also - is the one note app able to sync with onenote on my pc?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely - no problem at all. Reading and annotating PDFs are just what the iPad is for...

OK - two apps to check out --- GoodReader ---- which has pretty capable annotation capabilities plus is a great file manager too...

and the 'Rolls Royce' - iAnnotate - which is more expensive but has a stack of facilities. (if you search for them on the Apple App Store site you'll get a link to the Developer's web site and there you can download a comprehensive user manual for free that will give you a detailed view of its capabilities.

Don't hesitate to get back if you've any further questions. I'm sure you'll know the new iPad2 was announced just yesterday and will be available in Europe in two weeks at the same price as the 'old' iPad1....hang on in there...

You'll see that GoodReader is 'de rigeur' for the iPad, check out the reviews on the App Store, they're uniformly good.

I'm sure that other Forum members will step in with other suggestions too - I need to give the usual disclaimer that I'm not associated with the companies that market these apps - just a satisfied customer.

I hope you have a great day....

Tim
Scotland

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah! PDF annotation galore-you will be good to go. I use Noterize mostly. You will be able to annotate to your heart's content!!
I'm not sure about the OneNote syncing but someone else here can likely answer to that.

OP
S

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the iannotate app is exactly what I had in mind. Yes I'm definitely waiting for ipad2 :)

is there anyone who has experience with the windows onenote app?

Good day to you too :)

Most reactions