What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck with T-Mobile: Smartphone I should get?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am stuck with T Mobile and have to stick with one of their smartphones for daily use. I cannot use a jail broken iPhone because I need the UMA service and for work purposes. Which would be the best recommended in their line up at this current time?

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Superbike, I will check them out. Anyone else?

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going with the Samsung Vibrant tomorrow unless someone stops me.....:)

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a Samsung Vibrant yesterday from a guy that had paid 500 for it out of contract. He "tried" to use it or get used to it and after a week he gave up. I got him down to 280 and bought it. First impressions: confusing, battery life is horrid....

I have been using blackberrys for a number of years and iTouchs and iPads. This phone does have a beautiful display and kick ass graphics but the battery life is so bad that it is dead in about maybe 3 hours if you are not just using it as a phone. I have all of the battery saving tips on and it's still bad. I am going to try to get through the weekend with it and then see what happens. Maybe selling it on Monday. I'd rather have an unlocked iPhone 3Gs for a few dollars more than this so far.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds a bit strange. I used my Galaxy S for about 6 hours of web surfing, watching YouTube, and playing games and it still had about 15% left.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Nexus S is an awesome little phone. I have the Galaxy S which is pretty much the same phone but with an unneeded keyboard. I would swap for the Nexus S in heartbeat if I had the chance but work pays for the phone and it's on Sprint.

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And....... I couldn't take it any longer and switched back to my Blackberry! Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant for sale!!!!

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life was the biggest and the second would be the call quality. I used it all day for phone calls and email/texts and it was less than stellar. While the reception was better in places the caller sounded muted and drone. The way to send and retrieve email or texts was a multistep process and once you were finished you had to make sure you had the applications closed for battery purposes. Well lesson learned. It will be Blackberry or iPhone for me for the foreseeable future.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4?
I don't like any phones tmobile has except their htc windows 7 phone. Almost got one for $99 with another 2yr contract (currently 17 months in).

It's hard finding a phone as good and simple as iPhone. I found the windows 7 to be so different in layout that it made using a phone exciting again and also easy to accept. All others try to copy apples icon layout which makes it hard..

OP
SBHOKC

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4?
I don't like any phones tmobile has except their htc windows 7 phone. Almost got one for $99 with another 2yr contract (currently 17 months in).

It's hard finding a phone as good and simple as iPhone. I found the windows 7 to be so different in layout that it made using a phone exciting again and also easy to accept. All others try to copy apples icon layout which makes it hard..

I have to agree with you and talked with T Mobiles customer care and they told me almost the same thing. I asked about the iPhone and they told me it would cost me no more a month than my Blackberry. In fact they told me to call them when and if I get one and they will help me set it up. I was very surprised that they said that. The guy I talked said that over a million of their customers, if not more, are using the iPhones on their network and they are fine with it! Again very surprised with T Mobiles openness.

Most reactions