What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in DFU mode

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pad is stuck in DFU mode and when I try to restore via iTunes, I get error 9 and message that the computer cannot be restored. I've tried the simpler methods of holding power and home key, then releasing power key when it turns on but it only returns to DFU. Tried installing firmware 7.0, still nothing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Error 9 means you should check the security software on your computer, maybe even disable it, because it prevents iTunes from connecting with Apple's servers.

The only software version you'll be able to install will be iOS 8.2. It's not possible to revert to a previous version.

Try the method in this thread to restore your iPad:
http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

OP
J

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error 9 means you should check the security software on your computer, maybe even disable it, because it prevents iTunes from connecting with Apple's servers.

The only software version you'll be able to install will be iOS 8.2. It's not possible to revert to a previous version.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

OP
J

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I attempted to download tiny umbrella from the URL in the post, it brought a lot of junk to the computer instead of downloading tiny umbrella. The download was through CNET.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The link in my post also leads to a site where you can download Tiny Umbrella. It doesn't direct to CNET. Try that one.

OP
J

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot access that post can you supply the address?

OP
J

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which download should I use for my I Pad2?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which download should I use for my I Pad2?
The links on that site are related to the computer where you have to install Tiny Umbrella.

What's the model number of your iPad?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the iPad 2,1. The links on the site above refer to the OS on your computer.

OP
J

johnjg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help but I'm a novice in this area and when I go to the link you suggest, I'm confused as to which link I should click on to get TinyUmbrella without all the ad trash that it may come with.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are direct links. You won't get the ad trash as before. Just choose the version of your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts