What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

streaming radio?

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With our iPads we can't find a way to enjoy our favorite morning experience, breakfast in bed, reading on-line and listening to a classical music stream. Are we missing something? or do we have to give up our music portion?
and thanks for all you help!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Or TuneIn - great Internet radio app that runs in the background

Tim
Scotland

+1 on TuneIn. Man, you can listen to just about anything with that!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
I simply use Radio.

Is this a function within the iPad? We are looking for Internet radio, not broadcast - as available on iTunes on a computer.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no radio function on the iPad like there is with iTunes on your PC.

For general streaming, you just can't beat Pandora.

For specific radio stations, my "go to" app is PocketTunes. With this, I can listen to radio stations from all over the world! It also has many of my local HD stations which saves me money since now I don't have to buy a separate HD tuner for my HiFi system in the Man Cave.

Another streaming app I like is 5-0 Radio Pro. Not only does it have streaming "radio stations" from all over the world, it also taps into police and fire scanners from all over the world! How cool is that?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pandora is great, especially if you take the time to "build" your stations.

AccuRadio has large selection of "ready to go" stations, great for carefree listening or discovering new types of music to enjoy!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TuneMark and TuneIn here.

The BBC have introduced a new radio streaming service with over 300 stations which is web based. They say the iPad version should be out soon.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can already receive live streaming of what appears to be all of the BBC stations with PocketTunes. Of course there are the major streams, but they also have many (most?) of the local BBC stations as well. I pretty much stick to the BBC World Service however.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the world service also.
Their in depth analysis and arts coverage are excellent.

Most reactions

Latest posts