What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strang thing happened when buying iPad 2 at wal-mart today

blsessex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At walmart I asked if the white 16 gb iPad 2 was in stock. They said no. I saw a box behind the counter that had a picture of a black iPad on it. It said 32 gb and it was $499 so I said why not. When I returned home I looked on the back of the box and saw a copyright date of 2010 on it... So it was an iPad 1.

Upon opening the box I found a white 16gb iPad 2 inside. One of the employees must have hidden it there. Obviously I want to return it because I can get it cheaper elsewhere. How do I prove it to wal-mart?

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't need to prove anything...just return it...I believe Walmart has a 30 day return policy (maybe a bit less for electronics...?)..

OP
B

blsessex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did the box not have any shrink wrap on it?

No it didn't. I never really got to hold it while I was in the store. I assumed all boxes were new. The cashier took out from behind the counter and bagged it after I paid for it. When I got home to open it, the box was already open.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah....I would take it back ASAP. iPad's should never be sold in an open box from a retailer unless it specifically is sold as an open item. Someone at Walmart was doing something the were not supposed to be doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts