What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker problem - No sound

skibiriti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I'm new to this forum. My problem is that I normally worked with Ipad 3 (I watched a video on youtube). I went out and when I returned, the sound no longer works. I tried everything, I even reset. But the problem persists. With the headphones I hear the sound. Thank you in advance

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello
I'm new to this forum. My problem is that I normally worked with Ipad 3 (I watched a video on youtube). I went out and when I returned, the sound no longer works. I tried everything, I even reset. But the problem persists. With the headphones I hear the sound. Thank you in advance

Have you checked that the top LHS sound toggle button (iPad in landscape view) is not set to zero? Or in Settings, Sounds, the volume slide is on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S

skibiriti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you "The OB." If I understood

I have checked:
- The side button is positioned outward
- Click twice on the home button. Scrolls to the right in the row of icons there. Verify that the cursor is at the maximum of the sound.

I did everything and still the same problem.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you "The OB." If I understood

I have checked:
- The side button is positioned outward
- Click twice on the home button. Scrolls to the right in the row of icons there. Verify that the cursor is at the maximum of the sound.

I did everything and still the same problem.

That was OK, for the second part, ( click twice on the home button etc...)
Not sure what you mean by the "side button is positioned outward". In landscape mode the sound button is on the TOP left hand side not on the side of the iPad. Press the left side of the toggle switch to make sure there is sound. If that did not work, there are other possible solutions. Let us know?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK no good re the sound buttons discussed (you did check Settings, Sound, no doubt?)
Go to the App you were using to watch the video (YouTube?) and hold your finger down on the icon until it jiggles. Press the minus sign on the icon and then restart your iPad. Any good?

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, here's my idea: Double click on the Home Button. Look at the bottom toolbar and make sure the Sound Icon, the first icon, is on. Let me know if it works. :)

Sent from my iP3/64gb Blk using iPF :)

Last edited:
OP
S

skibiriti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I double click the "home" button, I switch to the right, I see the button Sound Icon, is on. I can hear the sound through the headphones, but speakers still do not work

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I double click the "home" button, I switch to the right, I see the button Sound Icon, is on. I can hear the sound through the headphones, but speakers still do not work

OK here are some further suggestion and that I guess will be it from me. Others may chip in. If still no go then I suggest you let your fingers do the walking and get onto that Safari icon,or the Search function in these forums.
*** Is the mute function turned on? That is, you can use the side switch to either lock the screen orientation (portrait or landscape) OR to mute some iPad sounds or alerts. To change the function of the side switch, = Settings>General> "Use Side Switch" to either lock rotation or mute.
*** Hold down the Power and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Wait and the iPad will reboot, Check the sound buttons/slider then.
*** Reset your iPad. Settings>General>Reset and then tap "Reset all Settings"
Hope that may help, Andrew

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
OK here are some further suggestion and that I guess will be it from me. Others may chip in. If still no go then I suggest you let your fingers do the walking and get onto that Safari icon,or the Search function in these forums.
*** Is the mute function turned on? That is, you can use the side switch to either lock the screen orientation (portrait or landscape) OR to mute some iPad sounds or alerts. To change the function of the side switch, = Settings>General> "Use Side Switch" to either lock rotation or mute.
*** Hold down the Power and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Wait and the iPad will reboot, Check the sound buttons/slider then.
*** Reset your iPad. Settings>General>Reset and then tap "Reset all Settings"
Hope that may help, Andrewddc28

I agree with with Andrewddc28: change the function of the side switch. :)

Sent from my iP3/64gb Blk using iPF :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you try turning the volume up/down, does the speaker icon (in the middle of the screen) say HeadPhones? even if the headphones are unplugged?

OP
S

skibiriti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Sound Effects" without headphones
Once I plug in the headphones it says "Sound Effects (headphones)"

Most reactions

Latest posts