What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounds are gone

Lekitanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
All of the sudden sounds are gone but speaker is fine when I play music or listen to the radio. I mean clickimng sound when I turn it off, clicking sound when typing on the keyboard,sounds associated with apps, etc, etc. Also the sounds when receiving and sending e-mails. I checked of course General, Sounds and everything is turned on. Also, when testing sounds for e-mail - there are tons of it - everything is OK. Anybody have an idea what could possibly by wrong?
Thanks, Lekitanin

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since you've done the obvious (check the Settings), all I can suggest is to try to do a restart or a reboot. Here's how (apologies if you already know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that will give the iPad the swift kick in the software it needs. holler back if that doesn't help and we'll take another stab at it.

Marilyn

OP
Lekitanin

Lekitanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Resetting, rebooting and checking all settings was done already in the begining but did not help.As I said before strange thing is that speaker is functioning normally and I can play music and listen to the radio without any problem. Since this is the first generation iPad I do not have warranty anymore. I am affraid that it could be some hardware problem perhaps?
The only sounds gone are clicking sound when turning of, keybord clicking sound and incoming and outgoing mail sounds and apps which obvioulsy had sounds before and now are all silent.
Lekitanin

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to have to ask the simple question: Have you checked to make sure you haven't accidentally hit the Mute button? Sometimes, all it takes a brief slide and it's off - you don't even know you've done it.

I ask because you being able to hear everything else is a good clue that it's the mute (because your apps that are designed to make noise ... do).

Marilyn

OP
Lekitanin

Lekitanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using side switch for lock rotation and do not have mute button but again music plays without problem so it was not question of having mute on... It is really weird...

OP
Lekitanin

Lekitanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have solved the problem (accidentally). I hit home button twice and all the icons of the applications used in the past appeared at the bottom (several of them) I deleted all of them and sounds are back.
Thanks anyway for your time and trying to help me. I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Latest posts