What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound of keyboard and slide to lock and such gone?

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I upgraded to 4.2..I have no sound on keyboard buttons and the little sound when you slid to unlock and sleep button..no noises...have they been removed or am I missing a setting?

chandar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you check in settings?

Settings --> General --> Sounds --> see if the lock sounds and keyboard click is set to off

OP
S

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out..I had my screen locked to sideways before update and it muted it...The new mute button had me fumbling around lol!

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rotation lock was removed and now it is mute? What if I want to disable rotation?!
Click the home button twice, to bring up the multitasking bar. Then slide all the way to the right, till you come to your iPod settings. The orientation lock is on the left. Its one more step and less convenient, but it works.

Durgadas311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I can find no orientation lock control in the iPad Settings. Is there some other thing that I should be looking for, or are you referring to that same Settings as one uses to select wallpaper and control networking?

Durgadas311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it! When you said "right" I was looking at the right end of the multitasking slider, not the left end which one gets to by sliding right.

Thanks!

Sanjeev Gupta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no sound on keyboard buttons and the little sound when you slid to un

After I upgraded to 4.2..I have no sound on keyboard buttons and the little sound when you slid to unlock and sleep button..no noises...have they been removed or am I missing a setting?

i am also facing same problem since I upgraded to 4.2..I have no sound on keyboard buttons and the little sound when you slid to unlock and sleep button..no noises...have they been removed or am I missing a setting. some =body plaese help

Slimpeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sending audio through AirTunes?

Hi all, so this was my issue. I doubled clicked the home button and noticed that earlier, while playing music on my iPad, I was sending the audio using AirTunes, and that's why I wasn't able to hear my keyboard clicks. So just turned the sound back to play through the iPad. That was it. Simple. Though I killed tons of neurons figuring it out, haha!

Cheers!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, so this was my issue. I doubled clicked the home button and noticed that earlier, while playing music on my iPad, I was sending the audio using AirTunes, and that's why I wasn't able to hear my keyboard clicks. So just turned the sound back to play through the iPad. That was it. Simple. Though I killed tons of neurons figuring it out, haha!

Cheers!
Thanks for the informative post and welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Welcome again and enjoy!

raksmile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So helpful...thanks alot for saving my time, I couldn't sleep becausebof the problem.

Cheers!

Cool dude

Angelo1952

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Muted Sounds issue

Go to settings and make sure the side switch selection is set to MUTE. Now make sure the actual side switch is pushed up. Sounds should be back.

Most reactions

Latest posts