What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound not on

jovl2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 has no sounds such as the keyboard clicks or mail whoosh, or game sounds, even though all my settings appear to be set for "sound on". I did originally have all those sounds, but no longer. What did I do? And how can I reset it? By the way,, I can hear music and videos.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please check the 'slide switch' (upper right side) - this is defaulted to mute the sound and can inadvertently be switched to that setting - I'm assuming that you have adjusted the volume control? Also, open the multitask bar and swipe right until the sound control is seen to make sure that function is set correctly.

If the above suggestions do not help, 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' your iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the maneuvers - please post back your results - good luck!

OP
J

jovl2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! It was the side control mute button. Since I could hear videos, I assumed that it was not set to mute. So the sound is back, and now i know why I I originally muted it!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
jovl2012 said:
Thanks! It was the side control mute button. Since I could hear videos, I assumed that it was not set to mute. So the sound is back, and now i know why I I originally muted it!

Well one of the first options to check & glad that it was a simple solution! :)

orejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help meeee! It's been a day that my iPad 2 has no volume...it works while is not on the dock, but as soon as I put it back it doesn't have volume at all. I have try shutting it off and on but still nothing, I did check settings to see if it went on a mute setting, and "nada". Do you guys know what could be the problem? Thank you very much!

Most reactions

Latest posts