What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony ebook tranfers to Ipad help

tototommy0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just given an Ipad. I also have the sony reader, which I love. I would like to transfer the books to the Ipad. Is this possible or not. Google says it is but I have had no luck as of yet. Please help.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a good overview of the issues, linked to the section on utilities to convert files (if needed).
Sony Reader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sony readers support multiple formats. Are your books native files from the Sony store or a mixture of types?

You can probably find a reader that will handle the files without conversion. I think Stanza supports the Sony format. Can anyone confirm from personal experience?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you purchased books for your Sony reader, they are in ePub format, but wrapped with DRM (Digital Rights Management). In order to read those books on any other reader, you would have to "unwrap" the DRM from the file leaving you with an unprotected ePub file that the iBooks app can read.

There is software that will allow you to do this (don't ask me how I know!). You can search for it on Google (or whatever search engine you prefer), but on this forum, we do not allow the discussion of acquiring software by any other means than that intended by the author, owner, developer or publisher and this includes unwrapping the DRM from copyright protected publications.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts