What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 Is Here for iPad!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

iPad/iPhone/iPod touch owners, you can consider yourselves the envy of classic gaming fans the world over right now, as today is the day that the brand new Sonic the Hedgehog game, STH 4 Episode 1, hits the App Store, way before its released on any other gaming device or console. So let’s just all pause for a moment to bask in the warm, blue glow of our iOS exclusivity shall we! And then after that, let’s find out a bit about the game. Okay, blue hedgehog fans, the action picks up right where Sonic and Knuckles left off 16 years ago, with Dr. Eggman back to his old tricks. In an effort to finally rid himself of Sonic, Dr. Eggman revisits, and improves, his very best creations. Now it’s up to Sonic to try and stop this new wave of Badniks, and thwart Dr. Eggman’s plans yet again.

The new game features two unique levels exclusively built for the iOS devices, with fully incorporated tilt controls, as well as classic gameplay elements such as the Spin Dash and the newly incorporated Homing Attack. Here’s Haruki Satomi, vice president of Digital Business at Sega of America, talking about the fact that iOS devices get the long-awaited game first:

“We are excited to give players the opportunity to take Sonic’s latest journey with them everywhere they go. Our fans have waited 16 years for this sequel, and we wanted to bring it first to the hottest new platform in gaming.â€

You can download the game here for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch for $9.99/£5.99/€7.99.

Source: Sega

Last edited:

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a shame it's so much money, i was originally excited for this but i guess there could be a sale at some point, but no way I'm paying 10 bucks for part 1 of a game.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends totally on the reviews.
Some ports are excellent and an improvement on the original, others rushed and badly adapted to finger control.
Will wait and see

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Is there an iPad version of Sonic 4 out? according to the Internet there is one but I can only find an iPhone/iPod version?

Most reactions

Latest posts