What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my videos shot with iPad2 are upside down

kfitz6115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some videos that were shot with my iPad2. Made the mistake of not holding the iPad right side up. Does anyone know how to change the orientation of a video so that it is right side up?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If you have a Mac with OS X 10.7 Lion you can rotate your videos in Quicktime. In the edit menu there are options that allow you to rotate your videos left, right as well as flip horizontal or vertical. There are probably other methods using other programs.

Here's a webpage with some more suggestions:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/rotate-video-files-mac-pc/

Others may chime in with their thoughts.

Last edited:
OP
K

kfitz6115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help

I appreciated the tip. I have Windows 7 and QuickTime. However I will need QuickTime Pro to be able to flip the videos. I found that Windows Live Movie Maker is able to flip the video. Thanks again for your help

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kfitz6115 said:
I appreciated the tip. I have Windows 7 and QuickTime. However I will need QuickTime Pro to be able to flip the videos. I found that Windows Live Movie Maker is able to flip the video. Thanks again for your help

Excellent and good info! Thanks very much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LBF21 said:
I found this thread having only just come up with the issue of needing to rotate videos taken on the ipad, some are portrait and some are upside down depending on how the ipad was held during recording. I've rotated in Windows Live Movie Maker, but how does this save the original video, so I can send it to someone? All I have is a 3kb,yes KB(!) file of a wlmp file which is a movie maker project file but I don't see how this does the trick? I may be really dumb (I'm actually a Microsoft IT Trainer!!!) but if I send the unedited video to someone they can open it, if I want to rotate and perhaps trim the video before sending, how do I save the changes having done this in WLMM as the person would want to open the video just in media player? I've spent hours googling it and downloaded VLC, which keeps crashing and still haven't managed to even understand what the movie maker is and how it doesn't affect the original video file. Please help!

If you hold the iPad with the home button on the right when shooting videos while in landscape mode, it should solve your problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts