What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solution to poor iPad's volume output?

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surfing the internet to see if there was any app that will increase the volume of my iPad and I found this pretty cool device instead.

I don't think it's out in the market yet but if it ever come out, I'm definitely getting one if price is reasonable. What intrigues me is that it does not use any electricity to generate the extra volume.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7tLJLjTKc[/ame]

BTW... ONE HOT GUITARIST!!!

Reaction score
That website locks completely bogus. They don't even show an image of the actual device. Anyone can edit videos and increase the loudness afterwards, pretending it is due to some magical device running in the background.

The amount of times they mention that it is not fake, makes me think the complete opposite.

OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That website locks completely bogus. They don't even show an image of the actual device. Anyone can edit videos and increase the loudness afterwards, pretending it is due to some magical device running in the background.

The amount of times they mention that it is not fake, makes me think the complete opposite.

Website says "Patent Pending" and it's not for sale to the general public.
I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and I think since it's "patent pending" they do not want to show the device itself publically so maybe copycats will not copy their idea over seas, especially in China?

I have a buddy working over at USPTO so I'll ask him to see if there's submission for such device patent.

I just hope it's a real deal.

Last edited:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

Website says "Patent Pending" and it's not for sale to the general public.
I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and I think since it's "patent pending" they do not want to show the device itself publically so maybe copycats will not copy their idea over seas, especially in China?

I have a buddy working over at USPTO so I'll ask him to see if there's submission for such device patent.

Yep, if it says it on the Internet... it must be true.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
Yep, if it says it on the Internet... it must be true.

Lmao. Give the op a break ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the new iWow 3D adapter for iPhone, iPod & iPad? I bought one when they were first available a few weeks ago & then I won another one in a sweepstakes that iWow had. I love it.......really enhances the sound and it sounds incredible!

Attachments

• image-474103462.png
    image-474103462.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 472
OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
netkrazed said:

Please post back, when you receive any updates regarding this device,

I already called him and he'll look into it. He said he can't give me any information on the mechanics or how it looks like since the patent pending inventions are held in secrecy before it's general publication date but he can give me either "yes" or "no" answer. I understand, he needs to cover his butt ya know.

Will keep you updated.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The truth is, the iPad 1's speakers aren't big, or powerful enough. They just weren't made for it. If you make it louder on the software end, it will just end up clipping and causing it to sound bad. It is best to just plug in headphones.

(or just get an iPad 2) :)

OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
(or just get an iPad 2) :)

iPad 2 speakers aren't any better then their iPad 2 counterpart. But that can be easily taken care of with headphones on the go, or an Apple TV/AirPort Express at home.

Earphone gives me rashes after some time..sigh and Airport express is too expensive and I can't carry it with me when I'm on the go.

Have anyone tried Wowee one?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I remember that when I got my iPad 1, the sound was so low that it was hard to watch a movie on it if there was some ambient noise. And one day, I played around with the volume control of the app instead of the hardware volume control. Then the sound got really louder to a comfortable level. It was like the software and hardware were out of sync. If I remember well, the volume was at maximum, then using the software control, I set it at the lowest value (muted) and raided it again. Not sure of the sequence, but that was something like that...

I don't like the earbuds, so I got headphones that cover my ears instead. Sound is a lot better and it is more comfortable... And for really loud sound, AirPlay to the apple TV, connected to real speakers ;)

VicoPad addict!

OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
netkrazed said:

Please post back, when you receive any updates regarding this device,

Just got info on this sound device from my buddy. He checked it out and he said the device is legit and provisional patent application has been submitted to USPTO. He can't give me any other information because it's a patent pending application and it will be in secrecy until provisional patent publication date or something.

So I have to give the benefit of my doubt and say it's not a hoax or a scam.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
iPad 2 speakers aren't any better then their iPad 2 counterpart. But that can be easily taken care of with headphones on the go, or an Apple TV/AirPort Express at home.

Way to go apple.

Most reactions