What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is looking forward to the "New Mini", 2nd half 2013?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It now appears there is a second iteration of the Mini in the pipeline. Shades of iPad 3 & 4 or a natural progression?

A report from SlashGear details that AU Optronics, one of the companies that supplies Apple with panels for the current iPad Mini (@1024x768) are expecting "to begin 2048x1536, 7.9 inch displays by the second half of 2013, with a pixel density of 324PPI."

So Apps designed for the Retina screens should look fantastic also on "The New Mini". Or will we call that Mini 2? At least Apple may be reverting to an annual product cycle, at least for the Mini?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I might buy it. That will be an amazing screen. I just hope the battery life and weight won't take a hit, because if the hit is too big I won't buy it.

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I might buy it. That will be an amazing screen. I just hope the battery life and weight won't take a hit, because if the hit is too big I won't buy it.

You are spot on there, and I've been also wondering about the Mini's "hard drive". My iPad3 64 gig has a Flash Drive (fast, no moving parts) and I assume also the iPad4 has it, but with the lighter Mini, what has that got? Hopefully still a flash drive? Just curious
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beechy666_uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are apple just trying to make as much money as they can out of us?? iPad 3 updated after 5mths and now iPad mini up date next year. So it's save your money and wait!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are apple just trying to make as much money as they can out of us?? iPad 3 updated after 5mths and now iPad mini up date next year. So it's save your money and wait!!

...but nobody is forcing anyone to buy the latest and greatest upon release, except themselves.

Personally, I don't feel it necessary to go and get every new apple device that is released. I am happy with my iPad 2 and will look into the mini soon, but that is based on needs and not on a recent refresh period on a device.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's one of the reasons why I didn't bother with the mini 1. I soon rather have a Retina Display mini as I'm spoiled by the RD on my iPad 3.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will be buying the mini next year when it comes out i be selling the old mini a couple of months before the new one comes out mind you just purely to get a better price when it come to selling it
'
(iam really enjoying the mini at the moment i'am using it more then i used the 9'7 inch iPad)

FillingStations

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just hope Apple don't do an iPad 3-4 with the iPad mini! I mean, if one with Retina Display is released spring next year, it will again be a 6-month update. Not cool.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will be hanging on for the retina version. A must buy for me.

With the competition out there they have to innovate to survive, so don't be worried about new versions arriving as it's become a fact of life.
Enjoy what you have.

iandrew74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will be hanging on for the retina version. A must buy for me.

With the competition out there they have to innovate to survive, so don't be worried about new versions arriving as it's become a fact of life.
Enjoy what you have.

i couldnt agree more, I am very happy with the mini and pleased I waited, when Apple bring out the retina display I may trade mine in to get the new one but until then will enjoy what my hard earned cash has allowed me to get :)

Most reactions