What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I Plug My iPad (1st gen) in but it doesn't update?

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Obviously I am doing something wrong. The only time it seems to sync is have the iPad plugged in to the power source and iTunes is running on my iMac. I checked all the settings and have them set to sync when plugged in.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? I thought it was supposed to auto sync as soon as it gets plugged in.

I have OS5 installed and running.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the iPad is plugged in and selected in iTunes, look on the Summary page. (top row of links). There is a check box for auto-syncing the iPad. If it is unchecked, check it.

If it is grayed out and you can not check it, open Preferences in iTunes and go to the Devices tab. Uncheck the prevent auto-sync box. Having this box also prevents iTunes from launching when you connect your device to the computer.

Now go back to the summary page and check auto-sync.

You can always force a sync by clicking on the Sync button at the lower right of the iTunes window. If you've made changes to the sync settings it will have Revert and Apply buttons instead. Apply will cause a Sync with the new settings.

I prefer manual syncing myself, since I often connect my devices to the computer for reasons other than a quick sync with iTunes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts