What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sneak Peak at SleekGear's iPad Dock

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sleekgear has announced a new iPad Dock, that just might be the most wanted accessory for the iPad. The docking station will offer a front Audio port, SD Card Reader and USB connector for a digital camera. This dock will use the standard cable provided by apple to sync or charge. One of the coolest aspects of this design is it allows you to place the iPad Vertical or Horizontal. We expect this item to be available late April, but a price has not been announced. For more information visit SLEEK, your essential accessories for IPAD and Apple mobile devices.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Swivel-Dock-v6-Front-View-with-iPad-Horizontal.jpg

Swivel-Dock-v6-Back-View-3.jpg

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Very interesting. I really like the fact that it can hold the iPad in landscape mode. Click through to their website and you will also see quite a few bags and even a nice folio for the iPad.

StudioTq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Missing one key piece for me

I am a professional photographer and all of my cameras use Compact Flash Cards. So far everything I have seen uses SD cards. Can't someone make a piece that accepts CF cards?

Tom Q:confused:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a professional photographer and all of my cameras use Compact Flash Cards. So far everything I have seen uses SD cards. Can't someone make a piece that accepts CF cards?

I feel for you Tom because I had the same problem until I changed cameras. The CF card is, I'm sorry to say, the "disquette" of the flash world.
There are adapters and card readers you could use if need be.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I asked the same question and the answer is yes they will have a model with compact flash instead of SD.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Compact Flash user here as well (not sure why Canon hasn't switched over their SLRs). I guess you could always just hook your camera up via USB. That brings up a question I've had though... if the iPad can read directly off of your camera through USB... wouldn't it essentially be able to read directly off of a USB hard drive or flash drive?

lancer6238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That brings up a question I've had though... if the iPad can read directly off of your camera through USB... wouldn't it essentially be able to read directly off of a USB hard drive or flash drive?
That would be really useful!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couple of points / questions / clarifications.

So you use the first slot for portrait and the second (with some kind of adaptor on the miniport) for landscape? If you're in landscape with the adaptor can you still use all of the functions including the SD slot and charging?

What's the LED piece on the right front? What doe that show you?

Is it SD in front and CF in the back?

Looks like video out in the back - what's the plug in the front? Audio out or in?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleek stand

I feel for you Tom because I had the same problem until I changed cameras. The CF card is, I'm sorry to say, the "disquette" of the flash world.
There are adapters and card readers you could use if need be.

ivan & Sam don't be worry we have under the hood an other one with more option for the photograph (like the CF card) ... be patient ;-)

the one say we are like Apple don't disclose enough information i will throw him a sheep :D :D :D :D

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad Sleekgear stand

Couple of points / questions / clarifications.

So you use the first slot for portrait and the second (with some kind of adaptor on the miniport) for landscape? If you're in landscape with the adaptor can you still use all of the functions including the SD slot and charging?

What's the LED piece on the right front? What doe that show you?

Is it SD in front and CF in the back?

Looks like video out in the back - what's the plug in the front? Audio out or in?

David , in front you have audio, USB, SD card and in rear Video, and Apple plug

The usb and the Sd card will communicate with both (iPad, and computer)
and you can charge and synchronize your iPad in the 2 sense Horizontal and Vertical .... have one more important and useful details i can't disclose yet but i let all of you guess it (donot ask for tip's :D :D :D)

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea but I don't like the ergonomics of it...too bulky. Hopefully other manufacturers will come out with similar products.

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will i be able to dock my ipod classic on this dock and load my digital photograph onto my ipod for storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts