What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart cover queston

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will I be able to buy a smart cover for my iPad version 1?

This is the thing probably liked the most about iPad 2 being announced.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gonna go out on a limb and say no. Unless of course they thought to include magnets in the original ipad and just never got around to releasing an amazing case that uses them.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mother just asked me the same thing about her iPad. I'm thinking no, that the iPad 2 might have small magnets embedded into the left side of it to help the magnets on the cover align. Has to be since the back is aluminum and magnets won't stick to it.

Sowellca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, that was funny Thphilli. I'm pretty sure the new covers won't work on iPad 1. The case shape alone would prevent them from working properly, I would think.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm gonna glue some magnets to the inside of my ipad! I need that case!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
i'm gonna glue some magnets to the inside of my ipad! I need that case!

Que the Loctite....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be more concerned if I got an iPad 2 if I would still be able to use my Zagg cover/keyboard with that thin body.

Most reactions

Latest posts