What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow YouTube Connection

Snowmaven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The performance I'm getting with Youtube on my iPad is slower than on my MacBook Pro. Any ideas for speeding it up?

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the iPAD way.
It is a much slower computer then the MacBook, and many others.
I see it all the time.
If you get a very fast internet connection, it will compensate for the weakness in power.

tasser10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I disagree. I had a great connection before doing the latest software update, and now YouTube barely plays videos for me. Anyone know if that update can screw things up? It has completely derailed my connectivity.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I would try going somewhere before assuming its the internet guys, go to an internet cafe, see if the problem persists, if it does, take your ipad in to an apple store and see if they can help you. The update has given me no issues.

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have cox communications and their 55mbps connection. I have a Netgear wireless N router WNR3500L and I experience piss poor youtube performance. Vevo HD plays fine, Hulu plus plays fine. Its the youtube app.

Ive tried the DNS server trick using open DNS and Googles DNS servers and it is still the same result.

Definitely the iPad youtube app.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting this as well.....both on my AppleTVG2 and my iPad and iPhone 4.....yet my iMac has no problem whatsoever.

The only common thing is all of those devices except for my iMac of course, all have 4.2.1

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
18mbps cable.

Netflix. Hulu. All stream instantly without any issues.

YouTube however issues like above.

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happens to me on m.YouTube.com too, so it may be and overall youtube thing as a whole.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happens to me on m.YouTube.com too, so it may be and overall youtube thing as a whole.

Also true.
In my mornings here (GMT+2) YouTube runs great . Comes evning and it becomes very slow - It is the time every one in GMT+9 comes to work and open up the desktop at work and suft the net with YouTube.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
youtube is an embarassment on ipad and iphone. :D

they run faster on a nokia cellphones!

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as connections on you tube or any other videos, videos play almost instantly. The quality depends on the video. You tube on my iPad and iPhone 4 are much better than apple tv2 but my connection is pretty fast.

Kezug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
18mbps cable.

Exactly the same for me....I am surprised that that there isnt more of an outcry on this!

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
18mbps cable.

Exactly the same for me....I am surprised that that there isnt more of an outcry on this!

No kidding, i stream a 22 minute show from Hulu with an "occasional" buffer depending on which of my kids is connected to my wifi. But I cant stream 3 minute video off YouTube.

Most reactions

Latest posts