What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sling Player Coming to the iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-sling-player.jpg

According to a blog post on Zatznotfunny.com, they were able to get Sling to sing a few details about the new iPad version of the popular Sling Player.
In regards to resolution, I don’t don’t believe Sling Media has taken mobile client video resolutions beyond 320×240. By design, due to processing power, memory, bandwidth and battery life. But, here comes the iPad. And I don’t want a pixel-doubled iPhone SlingPlayer app on that large screen. Fortunately, Sling has confirmed they’re prepared to accommodate me with something a bit better, some day…[Sling Said..] "When it makes a noticeable difference in quality, we will definitely provide higher resolution streaming. The iPad is a good example of a device where we are hard at work on this, but unfortunately it won’t be there at the April launch."
[Source: Zatznotfunny.com]

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This would be a HUGH plus! I'm a loyal fan of slingbox. I currently have a PRO-HD, and a SOLO slingbox, and love em'

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Slingbox app for my iPod Touch and will most likely get the iPad app, but Slingbox Mobile is not cheap. The iPhone/iPod touch app cost me $30 and the new iPad version will most likely cost the same.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Slingbox app for my iPod Touch and will most likely get the iPad app, but Slingbox Mobile is not cheap. The iPhone/iPod touch app cost me $30 and the new iPad version will most likely cost the same.

If it works well it's worth it. The question is will it work with my directv HD dvr's.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On WiFi it works well. I visited my brother. Using his WiFi, I was able to watch my home DVR with no problems (I use dishNetwork). I have an iPod touch so I can't tell you how it works on 3G.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it works well it's worth it. The question is will it work with my directv HD dvr's.

I have used my SOLO, and my PRO-HD, through my Direct TV HD/DVR, works great going to my PC, Laptop, or Blackberry.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just hope they give a discount if you already paid for the iPod Touch app.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be nice considering we already dished out $30 for the iPhone/iPod Touch version, however, I'm not counting on it. If they do a good job, take advantage of the iPad, and not just make a Hi-Res version of the iPhone/iPod app, I'll pay for it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be nice considering we already dished out $30 for the iPhone/iPod Touch version, however, I'm not counting on it. If they do a good job, take advantage of the iPad, and not just make a Hi-Res version of the iPhone/iPod app, I'll pay for it.

Better have better res, better framerate, the full remote, and the guide.

Tyler.heule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone even tried installing the iPhone/iPod touch app on the iPad? I imagine it will work @ a lower res than the app they will make but if you've been around sling long enough you'll know they are not very fast about releasing software. (I've been waiting for sling mobile for all bberry's for about 2 years now and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. If you've tried it and you can full screen it let me know, I would be satisfied with that until the official app comes out.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone even tried installing the iPhone/iPod touch app on the iPad? I imagine it will work @ a lower res than the app they will make but if you've been around sling long enough you'll know they are not very fast about releasing software. (I've been waiting for sling mobile for all bberry's for about 2 years now and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. If you've tried it and you can full screen it let me know, I would be satisfied with that until the official app comes out.

Yes, it looks like garbage. I have it installed only iPad on the off chance they will play nice and release a universal update and not screw us out of another $30.

Most reactions

Latest posts