What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slideshow export and iTunes upload

mthunger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
courtofleaves.org
Folks...am new here and wonder where I might find the how-to of a iPad 2 slideshow export and then how to get it on itunes?

Thanks for any assist offered.

Regards,

Jordan

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What app are you using to create the slideshow?

The slideshow feature in the Photos app, and the slide show you can do from the lock screen are local display features. They do not create a standalone slideshow file that can be exported.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
mthunger

mthunger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
courtofleaves.org
Much obliged for the comment/welcome (I have all the iPad 2 manuals etc.)...am abt to use Xtrafolio to create the standalone file for export. Once this is done I imagine I can upload to the App store in some way?

Regards,

Jordan

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mthunger said:
Much obliged for the comment/welcome (I have all the iPad 2 manuals etc.)...am abt to use Xtrafolio to create the standalone file for export. Once this is done I imagine I can upload to the App store in some way?

Regards,

Jordan

That looks like a good app for maintaining a portfolio on the iPad, but I don't see anything on the App Store page or the developer site that leads me to believe it can export a standalone slide show. The only save feature mentioned is for backups.

You can not upload anything to the App Store from an app. The only way to put stuff on the App Store is to be a developer or hire one.

OP
mthunger

mthunger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
courtofleaves.org
Well...one thing I have discovered is that a pro-app shop would charge 4K to create my slideshow app for me!

This I certainly can not afford so am considering the apple developer SDK route...this is something not particularly appealing but if I have no choice...I worry that I might not have the mental resources to do all the work myself.

Regards,

Jordan

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on what you want to do, it might be easier to develop a web app. This is basically a special web page with HTML 5 code that acts like an app. People have the option of saving it to their Home Screen as a bookmark.

You don't need to be a developer or go though the App Store approval process to have a web app.

If all you want to do is reach a select audience that you can inform on your own, or you're prepared to do your own extensive marketing, this would probably work well for a slideshow style app.

Here is a site that collects web app links, so that you cans see some examples.

iPad Web Apps | iPad Web Apps

And some more.

30 Awesome Web Apps for Your iPad

You'll notice that some of them do away with Safari's tool bar, making them even look even more like a native app.

OP
mthunger

mthunger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
courtofleaves.org
Absolute terrific information! Thanks very much...I am guessing that this thread might be of some help to others.

I'll be back when some web app progress has been made.

Regards,

Jordan

Most reactions

Latest posts