What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CCL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined the forum so hello everyone. I need help. I used to skype with people using my iPad but my callers cannot hear me after I upgraded to skype's latest OS and the iPad's latest OS. I just did a skype audio test and my message was not recorded so is something wrong with my in-built mic? The mic switch next to the volume switch is on so that's not the problem. Would appreciate help urgently. Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined the forum so hello everyone. I need help. I used to skype with people using my iPad but my callers cannot hear me after I upgraded to skype's latest OS and the iPad's latest OS. I just did a skype audio test and my message was not recorded so is something wrong with my in-built mic? The mic switch next to the volume switch is on so that's not the problem. Would appreciate help urgently. Thanks.

OK - first thing to mention is that the switch next to the volume control is not the microphone switch, it either mutes system sounds (new email arriving, for example) or is the orientation switch - this can be established in the 'Settings' menu.

I doubt, too, whether the microphone has suddenly developed a fault, so let's start with the simple solutions and, if they don't work, we'll get to more difficult ones later.

Try a system reset - by completely powering the iPad down. Press and hold the Power switch until the slider control appears, accept the offer to power down, wait until the screen has gone completely blank, then power up again - press and hold the Power switch until the white Apple logo appears - wait for the iPad to power up (it takes a while, so be patient) and then try Skype again.

We've had a couple of other Members with the same problem as you and this simple procedure has fixed it.

Tim

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, CCL! Sorry, I cannot help you with this issue, but I know there are lots of nice folks (See Tim's message above) that can! Good luck and see you around the forum!

Chiky

OP
C

CCL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much Tim, your suggestion worked! Powering Down was the solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts