What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype on my ipad 2

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just used Skype from my new iPad 2 to video call my grandchildren. It worked very well.

John

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tango is another good video conferencing app that let's u chat cross platform to other people with Tango on their mobile device ;-) I have Skype and Tango and works well on my ipad1. Although they can't see me, since ipad1 has no cam, I can still clearly see and chat with them ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
You deleted FaceTime? Or does it not work anymore on iPad 1? Somehow I recall reading in one of your posts, that you installed FaceTime on your iPad.

Close but no cigar...lmao. J/k. I posted a link where u can get or enable FaceTime on the ipad1. I never did it though as the process seemed like a hassel. With tango and Skype, all I do is download app and it works perfectly on ipad1, seriously. I can see n talk with them but they can only talk with me, can't see me since ipad1 has no cam. Plus FaceTime is only iOS to iOS device and I don't know anyone with FaceTime. I know plenty people with Skype accounts and Tango.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just used Skype from my new iPad 2 to video call my grandchildren. It worked very well.

John

I wish they will make iPad resoluton version, video looks better on iPhone since camera and screen is better on iPhone, but works fine as now too on ipad2

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:
I wish they will make iPad resoluton version, video looks better on iPhone since camera and screen is better on iPhone, but works fine as now too on ipad2

There is a solution for that if they don't come out with iPad version soon. But it'll only be available once ipad2 jailbreak is here. There is an app in Cydia store( only can get this if Jailbroken) called Retina display. It makes all iPhone apps iPad native tellurium or close to it. One thing for sure, it looks a lot better thn the regular x2 mode. It's very clear as I have this tweak on my iPad and makes Skype and other iPhone apps look very good.

Potshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with the mic on ipad2? Can hear and see caller fine but they can't hear me

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:

There is a solution for that if they don't come out with iPad version soon. But it'll only be available once ipad2 jailbreak is here. There is an app in Cydia store( only can get this if Jailbroken) called Retina display. It makes all iPhone apps iPad native tellurium or close to it. One thing for sure, it looks a lot better thn the regular x2 mode. It's very clear as I have this tweak on my iPad and makes Skype and other iPhone apps look very good.

There is no jailbrake for ipad2 yet as I know, do you know one?

Potshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:
Make sure you don't cover mic hole on iPad body while talking, happened to me several times ;)

Turned iPod off after installing Skype app and back on and it seems to work now :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:
There is no jailbrake for ipad2 yet as I know, do you know one?

Not out yet but very soon though.

Most reactions

Latest posts