What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype on 5.01 Jailbreak for iPAD2 and iPhone42

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, not sure if you use Skype and jailbreaked your iPAD2 or iPHONE4s with the latest JB for 5.01 recently, but I did that yesterday. And today I realize that Skype is turning off several times during my times using it. It just disconnects. Couldnt be a coincidence because it worked fine before.

I also found someone else stating the same problem.

iPhone Jailbreak iOS5 problems | Iphonecentral

Anyone else having noticed that ?

Cheers

Wolfseye

OP
Wolfseye

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
???

No, it wasnt the internet Was running fine.

But also another question, how do I record Skype (Voice) on the iPad2 ?
Checked several posts about that on the internet, suggested several voice recording too use for that. But all I tried, as soon as i tried to record, the skype call was ended and it said that the recording is used for the other tool. Is that a problem with the iPad2 or iOS5 ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vonavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, not sure if you use Skype and jailbreaked your iPAD2 or iPHONE4s with the latest JB for 5.01 recently, but I did that yesterday. And today I realize that Skype is turning off several times during my times using it. It just disconnects. Couldnt be a coincidence because it worked fine before.

I also found someone else stating the same problem.

Anyone else having noticed that ?

Cheers

Wolfseye

remove xcon

OP
Wolfseye

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
remove xcon

Thanks, and now for a non-nerd & non-expert, what exactly is that and how can I remove it ? :)
And why you say could that the issue.

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I just don't know all that detail. ;)

OP
Wolfseye

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked, I see XCON on Cydia, but its not installed yet.

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here IPad 2/Wifi/ 5.0.1/JB. But I had this problem before I jailbreak my device so this obviously is not a problem related to jb. Wondering if any of you guys have the same problem with Skype? Strange that sometimes it is online the whole night and sometimes it disconnects two times in hour. Skype always run on backend... I've noticed that from time to time applications running on backend are restarted on their own as you would open them from the scratch - really frustrating.

sic0048

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started Skype for the first time since JB on 5.0.1 (I had JB under 4.3.3, but lost it because I bought my iPad2 after they stopped signing SHSH blobs and had to restore at some point) and got a pop up message saying that this version of Skype is not compatible with a jailbroken device.

But I simple closed out the app and I don't get the message when I restart it. I assume everything is working correctly, but I can assure you nothing changed with the Skype app and I haven't downloaded any weird stuff since JB.

schwazche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the same message stating that it wasn't supported on the "modified iOS" of my iPad2. I simply restarted it and it's worked without issue. I even rebooted and it came right bakc up without the error. Seems to be cosmetic only.....so far.

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The message is not a problem - just ignore it. The problem is that skype disconnects after it is running on background some time. I've checked ipad logs and there is something about "weaks" and 300 seconds. Don't know what is it but it is definitely the cause of disconnecting...

iPad 2 32Wifi 5.0.1 JB

Most reactions

Latest posts