What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketch-up Like app

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have been using Sketchup on a PC for several years to design crating a pallets for my industrial packaging fabrication business. I have looked at and tried a lot of different apps and nothing even comes close for ease of use.

Hoping someone might have a suggestion.
I did find WoodCraft, but it doesn't support layers.

Thanks,
Duff

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No personal experiece, but if I were looking for a profesional 3D Desgin tool I'd probably check out 123D Design by Autodesk. It's subscription based, but that shouldn't matter much if it fills a business need and works well.

For myself, since I would only need this kind of app occationally, I'd probably try out a few of the cheaper options I found when searching the App Store for "3D Design".

Good luck.

OP
Duffman

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I have looked at or tried a lot of the Autodesk apps. Also had tried UMake.
They are just not the tool I am looking for.
However, I as yet do not have my Pencil which I ordered with my Pro. The Pencil should arrive in about 2 weeks.
I am hopeful using it will make a difference.

Duff

OP
Duffman

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a new app called Shapr3D. For those that are SketchUp fans you will find this new app to be very similar.
Works with the Apple pencil and fingers.
Draw lines to create a shape then push or pull the shape to create blocks, cylinders, ect. Tapping on areas of the shape will bring up a dimension which you can then type in your dimensions and the drawing updates accordingly.
The one thing I have not found yet is whether it will make an aligned array.

Just start to explore but looks very promising.

Duff

Tyler_Barlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a new app called Shapr3D. For those that are SketchUp fans you will find this new app to be very similar.
Works with the Apple pencil and fingers.
Draw lines to create a shape then push or pull the shape to create blocks, cylinders, ect. Tapping on areas of the shape will bring up a dimension which you can then type in your dimensions and the drawing updates accordingly.
The one thing I have not found yet is whether it will make an aligned array.

Just start to explore but looks very promising.

Duff
Does it works great with your new pencil?

Most reactions

Latest posts