What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size of apps on ipad...as in measurement

maisling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Glad to have stumbled upon this app...I got a new iPad today and sync'd it with my laptop (previously synced iPhone with iTunes on same laptop) Now when I open an app such as Facebook or instagram they are iPhone size and the screen has an 'x2' in the corner but when hit this it fills iPad but quality is very shoddy. Please tell me there is an answer to this.... Thank you in advance
Aisling

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I am new too but, correct me if I am wrong but I think the reason you are seeing this is because the app is not optimized for the iPad. I figured this out last night when I was playing with my new iPad!

If I understand this correctly, you want to find apps that are specifically made for the iPad or apps that have a + sign because that means they are optimized for the iPad.

Enjoy your new iPad!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JerseyMaggie is absolutely correct - you have downloaded iPhone apps to your iPad. They work OK but the display is iPhone size. You need to look for the iPad version of the app.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Facebook and Instagram apps come only as iPhone apps right now. That's the case with some apps, including Skype, though an iPad Skype app is in the works.

OP
M

maisling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks everyone! Thought there was something up with my iPad hahaha

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many thanks everyone! Thought there was something up with my iPad hahaha

I can see how that might have shaken you up a bit. :)

I think Kaykaykay is right about a new FB app in the works AND they are evidently working on an HTML 5, iPad optimized site so you can look forward to possibly big changes for Facebook users on iPads.

In the meantime "MyPad" is an iPad only app with a free and paid version which is quite popular these days.

Welcome...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts