What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size Mismatch Error in Cydia

ToetullNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to install an app from Cydia. I keep getting the "Size Mismatch" error when trying to install the program.

From things I've read, that can sometimes happen when trying to get an app that wasn't paid for, and I think I may be running into that problem. I know the app is a paid app ($5) but the line that says "Commercial Package ($5)" doesn't seem to actually be a clickable link and there doesn't seem to be a "Purchase" button.

I've noticed other apps have a yellow button that says "Purchase Product" with a blue price tag in the middle, and the top right button says "Purchase," as opposed to "Install."

So if a paid app doesn't have the purchase button, how do you purchase the app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What app is it and what repo are you getting it from? It seems weird that one of the default Cydia repos has that issue. Regardless, try closing out of Cydia and then closing it out entirely from the multitask bar. Then, go back into Cydia and enter the "Changes" tab. At the top, hit the Refresh button. Hopefully, that will make it "behave" and fully load all the packages (and load them properly).

If the repo is not one of the default Cydia ones, my suggestion is to delete that repo and then do a search for that app again. Chances are it will then show up properly.

If that doesn't help to bring the selling info back - then all I can suggest is sending an e-mail to Jay Freeman, "saurik" (the owner of Cydia). Maybe he can figure out the glitch.

Marilyn

OP
T

ToetullNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn! You are apparently my Guardian iAngel. The app was iBluever. I'm not exactly sure what repo it was from. I continued doing some research and found some people had difficulty being able to purchase if they had already tried the demo (which I had). It is fixed now, although judging from the solution you suggested, I probably did way more than necessary to fix the problem. But I used the DFU tool (thanks to the AMAZING guide found on iPad Forums) and restored it to normal, re-jailbroke it, and I have the ability to purchase now. Thank you and f4780y for your amazing help and guides on these forums. You have made what seemed like a scary process to me a few days ago seem incredibly easy. I have now saved blobs, jailbroken, un-jailbroken, and now re-jailbroken my iPad! Thank you so much!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the update on iBluever. I'll make a note to remember that people have trouble with it after installing the trial version...

And, yay! Glad you got it sorted - even though you had to work at it. You'll be the expert in no time. :)

Thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions