What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri - How do I set the default Twitter account to Tweet from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

After upgrading to iOS 6, I was absolutely delighted with Siri and its ability to understand natural language and get you what you want.

However I encountered a problem. I have 2 Twitter accounts configured on my iPad. One is my personal one, the other is a promotional one I set up for my YouTube account. The problem is that whenever I ask it to Tweet something, it tweets from my YouTube Twitter account, and I want it to tweet from my personal one. I have looked in Settings, and even asked Siri its self, and I can't find a way to fix this.

Basically I want to be able to tell Siri which Twitter account to use by default.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked in the Twitter app? Maybe there is a way from within there to set your personal account as the default. Maybe you'll have to log out of the YouTube account and only log in when you want to tweet from it?

I'm just throwing out ideas here - I don't know the answer because I don't have two accounts to test (heck, I barely use the one I have! :)).

Hopefully, someone will be along who has the definitive answer... Good luck.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to try deleting the accounts in settings, then adding them again in a different order. Maybe it defaults to the first account entered, or maybe the last.

Worth a try.

Airekp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swipe down at the top of the screen to bring down the notification panel. Press "tap to tweet." A blank tweet box will pop up with your twitter handle already entered. Press the twitter handle. That will bring up a scrolling bar where you can select any of your twitter accounts. Whichever one you select will become your default account (until you change it again of course).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input; we always appreciate members helping each other out.

However, this is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on (the last and only post the poster made was in September 2012).

Therefore, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts