What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since the demise of VLC media player what's the best player for video

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have VLC from the brief time it was available on Itunes, but without jailbreaking, and more importantly without CONVERTING, what media player do user find to be the best. I ask because I'm upgrading to iPad2 soon and thought it might be a good time to revisit the media situation. It has been suggested jailbreak and XBMC is the go, but I'd prefer not jailbreaking unless I absolutely have to. Any thoughts guys?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have VLC from the brief time it was available on Itunes, but without jailbreaking, and more importantly without CONVERTING, what media player do user find to be the best. I ask because I'm upgrading to iPad2 soon and thought it might be a good time to revisit the media situation. It has been suggested jailbreak and XBMC is the go, but I'd prefer not jailbreaking unless I absolutely have to. Any thoughts guys?
OS 4.3 now opened the possibility to stream from all the computers on your network to one another. Look for the AirPlay icon on the lower right bar of iTunes...

Most reactions