What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sims card to IPad

connie1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An you tell me how to get my pictures from my sims card to my I Pad? Thanks, first time post.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Put the card back in whatever phone you took the pictures with that stored photos on the SIM card, and email them. You're carriere might also be able to extract stuff from the SIM card if you take it to them.

You can't put photos on a SIM card with the iPad, nor copy them off.

Storing photos on a SIM card is a fairly rare practice (though possible with some phones). Are you sure sure you are not talking about an SD card?

OP
C

connie1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is probably a SD card.it is from my camera not phone. Sorry about that. Thanks for answering my post, I just got this IPad and needing help to understand it and Apple.

Another question I need help with... I use Firefox and google chrome on my pc but can't get it on Apple any suggestions on another browser I might try? I need Quick Books

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For an SD card and camera Apple offers a Camera Connection Kit. A few of the newest, biggest, fastest SD cards do not work with it, but most do. It will also allow you to plug directly into the camera to download the pictures. Again, it works with most cameras.

There are cheaper third party versions of the kit. As with all cheaper stuff you run a small risk of getting junk. In some cases the price is so low you may not care.

You can not download and use desktop software on the iPad. Firefox does not make an iPad version of their browser; but Google does make a Chrome browser for iOS. Understand that it does not use the same browser engine as the desktop version; but it does offer a somewhat similar experience and the ability to sync your bookmarks with the desktop version. I believer there are a few other tricks it does, but that's all I remember. It's had some good reviews and seems to be popular with other members who prefer Chrome on a desktop.

Almost all the third party browsers, including Chrome, use the built in webkit browser engine on the iPad. That means that if a site does not work well with Safari, it is unlikely to work with any of the others as well.

There are a few exceptions. There are several browsers that use servers to stream websites tot he iPad indirectly. Most of them are intended to let you use Flash, and manage to succeed to various (though not entirely satisfactory) degrees. Even if you are not interested in accessing a Flash site, they often work with other sites that are incompatible with the native browsers. Again, with various degrees of success. I keep the browser Puffin around. Another popular one is iSwifter.

Opera Mini is a server based browser like the above, but does not do Flash. I keep it and Puffin around for the rare site i want that Safari won't work with; with some degree of success.

There are several apps in the App Store that are supposed to work with QuickBooks (in various ways). I would look into those. If you can find a good app that does what you want it will (almost always) work better than using a website.

There is an actual QuickBooks app. It's for the iPhone, but will work (ugly and with the iPhone UI) on the iPad.

There is also this iPad specific app by Intuit, GoPayment. No idea if it would work for you, but the reviews don't look shabby.

OP
C

connie1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want to thank you for help. I was able to down load my Quick Books .

Most reactions