What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing Up for 3G

RichTea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an IPAD with 3g.

But just wanted to work out how the sign up for 3G works, what companies do it and possible costs?

I'm sure this has been asked before but any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Rich T

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad and then, separately, a monthly contract with '3'. It's an unlimited contract that's advertised widely in the UK at the moment. I signed up on-line and received the microSIM a few days later. I put the SIM into the iPad and that was it! No other settings needed. 3G connectivity everywhere - i.e. no EDGE or GPRS - it's 3G or '3.5G' (HSDPA) all the way. Great service.

Tim

johnmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had no trouble with a prepaid sim card from 3 on a recent short trip to UK, same in Italy, shame about France though. Just plugged in the mini sim and away it went, means for me no excessive roaming charges from my Australian sim or a dependance on wifi only

Most reactions