What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i upgrade

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with IOS 5

Should I upgrade to the latest version?

I have been pleased with my current status.

What am I missing by not upgrading?

Would I lose anything by upgrading?

I seem to recall problems with the camera, but I might be mistaken.

Mel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with IOS 5

Should I upgrade to the latest version?

I have been pleased with my current status.

What am I missing by not upgrading?

Would I lose anything by upgrading?

I seem to recall problems with the camera, but I might be mistaken.

Mel

A small, but growing, number of apps require iOS 6 to run. The native YouTube app is gone, as is the native Google maps. Both are now available in the AppStore. The maps have been replaced as a native app by Apple maps.
This page talks about all the new features of iOS 6, not all of which apply to the iPad 2.http://www.apple.com/ca/ios/whats-new/

wayne cloud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes your right! And its up to you if your going to upgrade the latest version of ipad 2. But incase you got problem I discovered this recent study that U.S. consumers are looking at billions in Moderation notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links on their outdated cellular devices. Those outdated phones are worth cash. Plus, selling them keeps them out of the environment. So nothing to worry. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The VIP option for the Mail app is useful: It's a basic way of prioritizing and categorizing messages from specific people in your life so they don't get lost in a long list of messages. It also makes it faster and easier to retrieve email from them. I just wish I could subdivide my list of VIP's.

I use the Reading List feature of Safari to save some website information to read offline as an alternative to Instapaper.

I've been using iOS 6 on my iPad 2 for so long I can't remember all of its most distinctive features, but there's a February 7, 2013 Macworld article titled "33 Expert Tips and Tricks for iOS 6" that you can find if you do a Google search for "what's new in iOS 6."

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purposely kept my iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1 and plan to unless I can longer use apps that are important to me. Right now, I have four apps that I can't upgrade, but the older versions work fine. The only reason I'd update is to get new features that I wanted in exchange for giving up the native Google maps. To me, it's not worth it now, but I can always upgrade later if I change my mind. And I have an iPad 4 and iPod touch 5 on iOS 6, so I know what I'm not missing.

Most reactions

Latest posts